Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Math Enrichment aka UNO

Today we played UNO during our math time. The kids are always very excited when I break out any kind of game. What a bonus that they are learning addition, subtraction, counting, colors and the tough lesson of being a good sport (More about that below in the TK comments.)


BJ is not a great lover of games. She is usually all in for the first game only. The details of the rules bore her.




FK does love games and loves when things take a turn, even if not in her favor. She loves the roller coaster of a game, but she has some to learn about losing still. That always ends in tears. I wonder if shouting "LOSER!!' has anything to do with it. Totally kidding! (But I do say to myself sometimes. Ha. )


 

TK loves games more than the others. He gets LOUD and hyper. He slams down those Draw 4 Card with a passion unrivaled. Today he won when it was the two of us battling for the title. He made sure that everyone knew he beat me by shouting 'YOU LOSE! UH-HUH! UH-HUH!' Normally, I would gently remind him that it isn’t nice, but since this ridiculously energetic outburst was followed throwing up a little in his mouth. I had to laugh. Then he said 'I'm okay, Mom. I just have the hook ups now'. That had me laughing so hard I was crying. I am hoping those 'hook ups' are not something that follow him into his dating years! Hiccups, Son! Hiccups!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment